We are looking for an ingenious User Experience Designer (UX Designer) and Business Analyst to join our team and help shape great experiences for our clients. We are building a variety of mobile solutions, and we need your help in brainstorming, refining, and designing them.
About the Job
At Starlit Software, the role of the Business Analyst and UX Designer is much more than organizing information into buckets; it’s about developing a creative and effective approach for a solution and interface that powerful yet intuitive, and rich while remaining clear.
The BA/UX Designer is a key participant in the project Concept and Discovery processes, leveraging your own intuition as well as research, client interviews, and competitive analysis to unearth key goals and themes for the solution. When the goals are set, you will craft an interface that embodies those fundamental ideas through clear organizational structure and intuitive controls.
- Help conceive and refine the product definition
- Participate in Discovery interviews to uncover project goals
- Perform detailed analysis of a website, developing clear documentation that shows the site’s content and components
- Study site analytics to gain knowledge about historical audience behavior
- Articulate client goals, audience needs, and project themes in Findings document
- Develop detailed site maps for expansive Web destinations
- Write language for navigation labels which makes control intuitive and “tell a story” about the site’s content
- Create wireframe layouts for pages that present content and functionality with intuitive clarity and beautiful balance
- Develop flow diagrams to demonstrate interactive functionality and animated interface elements
- Present and defend your concepts with concrete tactical rationale
Here’s what we love about you:
- 3-5+ years experience as a user interface designer, preferably with mobile application design
- Enthusiastic creativity; you are passionate about great ideas
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Expert user of tools for developing site maps and wireframes
- Knowledge of and/or experience with today’s web development technology trends
- CMS development
- Mobile Web and app development
- Responsive Web design principles